If you access or use Opposing Views through mobile applications or sites, our Mobile Terms of Services also applies.
2. Personal Information: What We Collect And How You can browse the Sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself.
We do NOT ask for governmental identification numbers, credit card numbers, or other financial account identifying numbers, codes, or passwords. If you receive an e-mail or any request for this type of information from anyone purporting to be acting by or on behalf of the Company, please notify us at once at email@example.com.
We collect some non-personal information automatically while you use the Sites, including your Internet protocol ("IP") address, computer and connection information, browser type and version, operating system, platform, browsing history and any cookies we may have set to customize and identify your browser session. As you use the Sites we may also attempt to automatically determine some of the demographic information previously described from the content that you elect to view.
As you use the Sites, we collect a record of the content that you have seen. We may use this information to learn what topics and views you are interested in, and to automatically determine demographic information about you. We may use this information to enhance the services, content, and advertising that we present to you.
We will not ask for personally identifiable information in an e-mail, nor will we send you an e-mail with a link that directs you to a page where we ask for personally identifiable information. If you receive a request that directly asks for personally identifiable information, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can be contacted via mail at Opposing Views, Inc., 8400 Delongpre Avenue, #301, Los Angeles, CA 90069.
3. Children And Personal Information The Sites are intended for adult users, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years old. If you are a parent and suspect that your child has provided the Company with personally identifiable information, please contact us at email@example.com.
4. How We Use Personal Information We use the information we collect to:
operate the Sites and publish relevant information to viewers; provide you with information and services you request; customize your experience; send you personalized content and promotional offers, based on your communication preferences; measure and improve our services; resolve disputes, complaints, and technical problems; conduct research; analyze aggregate user behavior and prepare aggregated reports; provide anonymous reports to internal and external clients. 5. Information Sharing And Disclosure We are not in the business of renting or selling personal information you provide through the Sites with other people or nonaffiliated companies. Opposing Views does share your information to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
We may share your information with service providers, and other companies and individuals we employ or retain under confidentiality agreements in order to help with our business operations. These companies may have access to your information as necessary to perform their functions, but do not have the independent right to share this information with any other third party.
We may share aggregate demographic information with third parties such as the media, advertisers, and government agencies. This aggregate information is typically in the form of statistics, such as numbers of Opposing Views users in a particular age group. Such aggregate information is not traceable back to you as an individual.
We may share information when required by law or under the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary under applicable law; to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other legal process served upon the Company, whether or not a response is required by applicable law; to protect the property or interests of the Company; or to protect personal safety or public interests. The Company reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and third parties in the investigation of alleged wrongdoing, including disclosing the identity of a user that the Company deems responsible for any wrongdoing.
We may transfer personal information in the event that our business is sold, transferred, merged, or reorganized with or into another organization.
6. Public Content Some portions of the Sites allow you to contribute ratings, reviews, comments, and other content to the Sites. This content is displayed publicly to other users, the Company, and our partners. The content you contribute may be displayed with your Opposing Views screen name, and can be read, collected, or used by other users of or visitors to the Sites, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. The Company does not assume any responsibility for any offense or action that may arise from you choosing to submit in any public areas of the Sites. Additionally, some portions of the Sites utilize Facebook or other third-party services that allow users to comment and make statements that may or may not relate to the content on the Sites. The Company does not assume any responsibility for any offense or action that may arise from the use of these services or for any information that may be collected through the use of these services.
We may use this public content, whether submitted directly to the site or via third-party services, to develop aggregate ratings, comments, reviews, or other derived content for the Sites and distribution to other web sites and business partners. We may use your public content to personalize the Sites for you and other members and to identify and feature special content and members. For example, we may promote highly rated and regarded content on the Sites and on partner web sites.
7. Cookies Opposing Views sets and accesses cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small bit of information used by the site to track your session. It does not contain any sensitive information. No other web sites can access cookies set by the Sites, nor can the Sites access cookies set by other web sites.
You may be able to block cookies by changing the settings on your browser (contact your ISP for help), but doing so may prevent you from logging in, or may prevent us from delivering some of our services to you.
8. Links And Third Party Sites And Ads The Sites contain content from third parties and links to other third party web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on these sites. If you have concerns about how other sites collect and use information about you, make sure to read their privacy policies.
We may use third party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements and about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, visit http://networkadvertising.org/.
9. Confidentiality And Security We use electronic, physical, and administrative safeguards, including firewalls and advanced password protection, to protect the security of your information. We limit access to your personal information to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information and private communications will always remain private.
10. How to Opt Out You can opt-out of targeted advertising delivered on Sites by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
You should take steps to protect yourself as well. For example:
Last updated December 21, 2016